Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I have no desire to address politics on this blog, so this will be a one time thing.  This was my Facebook status this morning.  I wanted to share it with the rest of you.

"I refuse to pay attention to any "doomsday" scenarios being played out on FB this morning.  You know what, it may well be the "end of America as we know it," but God is still God.  As followers of Christ, HE is our hope for the future.  If I may paraphrase John 21:22 without being accused of sacrilege, "If I want Barack Obama to be president, what is that to you?  YOU follow ME!"

Pray for those in power.  It doesn't matter if you agree with them or not.

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-For kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all Godliness and holiness.  This is good, and pleases God our Savior..."~~1 Timothy 2:1-3

No comments: